Friday, 21 December 2012

Apocalypse (not) Now

Recently, I've learnt that it's best to let go of the past.

It may be a little late, but when you're starting to listen to Billy Joel songs and taking them seriously and looking for deeper meanings, you know it's time to get over it, whatever 'it' may be.

And seeing as the apocalypse hasn't come, it's time to grow some balls and face up to the truth that is plainly in front of you.

Enjoy your Christmas as a celebration of 2012, and prepare for 2013 - the year of change! You will learn new things, meet new people, find that significant other perhaps, and go on that diet you have been planning for ages (then stop the diet because you realise being on a diet is more hassle than it's worth).

Even though these bits of advice are being typed from my very own key board, I hope I'll do my best to take these bits of advice on too. Even in times of loneliness, depression and isolation, it's time to embrace the family and friends we have to surround us.

Oh no I've gone all cheesey. Okay, to recover quickly I will end with wishing you all a Merry Christmas and now you can all fuck off.

P.S. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment