Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Oh God, it's my birthday.

As promised, an entry about birthdays is here! Based on personal experience and it seems only fitting to post this on my actual birthday.

Like New Years, I feel the anti-climax of supposed new opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I love getting presents, like, I really LOVE GETTING LOTS AND LOTS OF PRESENTS MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

But as I am sensible and mature, I will remain calm *creepy smiley face*

Birthdays that have some cultural meaning are always more fun. In the UK for example, your 13th is when you are 'officially a teenager', your 16th is when you're legally allowed to have sex, buy a lottery ticket, get married with your parents permission, buy cigarettes, your 18th is when you're allowed to legally drink and at 21 you can officially rule the world!!! Well, not literally, but there are hardly any limitations (barring those of an insane gun loving maniac).

This year, my birthday, isn't a life changing one. Just one to pass the time as far as I'm concerned really. Celebrations I can deal with and immerse myself in, but at the end of the day, I'm just going to wake up the next morning feeling the same as I did a weak ago. Although I might just have an extra under my eye or buttocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment