Thursday, 13 June 2013

I Dare You!

If I am completely honest, life hasn't been very kind to me lately for a number of reasons. And as a result, life has been a little boring. BUT I have had enough of sitting on my backside all day watching tonnes of E4 and Doris Day movies and have decided that I am going to plunge myself into new experiences. Things I would be scared to apply for, accept an invitation for or things I'm even scared of buying (clothes mainly) and there are many reasons for these. For example if I get invited to a party I'll be worried that I won't know anyone and I'll be stuck by myself all night or if I like clothes in a shop and don't buy them because I'm scared that other people won't think the same. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has these worries.

Last Tuesday I was invited to meet up with an old friend of mine Adaora to see her brother Ozonna perform at a gig. Check out what she was wearing on her blog Always Becoming because I'm telling you, she was looking so zazzy! Again I was scared that I wouldn't enjoy this new experience, maybe Adaora wouldn't like me any more and I almost didn't go but I did... Life's too short and all that jazz.

I know what you're thinking, Sophia's just jabbering on, nothing is making sense and this seems pointless to read but DON'T GO JUST YET! I promise that there is actually a point to this. You see that was just to warm you up for the root of my tale, yeah now you're still reading, I have caught you in my web of mystery... I feel we're drifting again...

The point is that I had a really good time! It was lovely to see one of my oldest and closest friends again and I enjoyed all the music played that night! Check out Danny ToemanEzzy Anya and Ozonna. I was even entertained by the music that a Romanian instrumental trio were playing on the tube journey back home. I'll have you know that 'When The Saints Go Marching In' is a very catchy tune when played on the saxophone, accordion and drum. They did make me giggle!

So, dearest darling reader, whoever you may be, do something new, dive into the deep end - I dare you! Who knows what wonders you will discover on your journey? And if you fancy it, you can let me know what new thing you did and how it went! Because it certainly went well for me :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment