Sunday, 11 August 2013

Croatia

Those of you who follow me on twitter will have seen that the reason why I have not been actively blogging is because I have in fact been soaking up the sun in Croatia! Already I miss just getting up and going to the beach everyday. And my god what a be-a-utiful country it is! My reasons for visiting Croatia were to see some very dear friends of mine from school and it was as if we'd only seen each other yesterday. The fact that a whole year had passed seemed impossible! (I would like to stress that the following photos have no effects on them. All the colours are completely natural.)
Rijeka
 Now, our journey began in Rijeka, which is a lovely city built around the huge port with access to the Adriatic sea. The first thing that I found a struggle to overcome was the heat! I totally forgot what 35°c felt like, so I was positively glowing for the first few days before I began to adjust. I must now take a moment to show my huge appreciation to the hospitality shown to us by our friends family. They looked after us so well and fed us like kings! What more could we ask for?
Pula
Next stop, the town of Pula! Home to a Roman amphitheatre known as the Pula arena and for someone like myself who is fascinated by classical history, this was most exciting. While we were there, a film festival was taking place right in the middle of the arena which I thought was fantastic! Don't you think it's brilliant that as well as preserving something of such historical significance they are also still using it?
Pula
The only cloudy day - on the boat.
Once we returned to Rijeka we prepared ourselves for the reason we were here, main course of our holiday - the journey to Bol, on the island of Bra─Ź. This began with a 12 hour overnight boat ride for which we slept outside on the deck all snuggled up in our sleeping bags. We knew it wouldn't be the best nights sleeps but it could have been better had it not been for the bunch of Croatian Geordie Shore look-alikes who were causing a huge amount of noise and fuss. The thing that got on my tits the most was that all the guys had such stupid haircuts! You know the one where guys shave of the side of the heads and then leave a huge tuft of hair on top that doesn't move because of the amount of gel or wax that's in it? What is that about?!
Sleepy in Split.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, we arrived in the coastal city of Split (which is another stunning Croatian city) at 7am sharp and with small amount of sleep that we were granted, us girls were not in the best mood. Nonetheless we pulled ourselves together and had a mini-explore of Split (as well as a power nap). What a scorching day it was as well! It was here that we met up with the last of our troupe and we six ladies were off. By katamaran we all finally arrived to the town Bol, greeted by my friends rather handsome cousin (no seriously, I have never seen such a fine specimen of male).

For the week we stayed in Bol, our timetable was (roughly) as follows:

Wake up 12-1pm / Eat 1-3pm / Beach 3-7or 8pm/ Shower, eat, get dressed 8-10pm/ Party 10pm-6am/ Wake up 12-1pm

And so the cycle continued. Although we did have two detox evenings where we watched movies instead.
With the girls.
 If you have made it to the end of this post, thank you for reading. I know it's long but the truth be told, this is only the outlines of what happened. My holiday was a little juicier but, we shall leave it for another time.  My friend, I can see that your eyelids are being pressed down by the weight of sleep so I shall finish with one thing ... GO TO CROATIA!!!
Sunrise in Bol.

No comments:

Post a Comment