Monday, 2 September 2013

Liebster Award

Alrighty then! Over the weekend, yours truly has been nominated for the Liebster Award twice which was rather exciting! I was nominated by the lovely lanalovesxxblog.blogspot.co.uk and itisjusthannah.blogspot.co.uk (both are absolutely charming blogs). I had absolutely no idea what the nomination entailed and after a little bit of research I found that it is a way of getting a bit more connected to other bloggers, especially if you're starting a new blog or like me, have a small and wonderfully supportive audience that you wish to expand. And here is how this whole Liebster thing works:


1. You have to answer the 10 questions your nominator gave you.
2. You then have to nominate ten bloggers who have under 200 followers and link them in the post.

3. Come up with 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
4. Finally, Inform your nominees so they can post their responses.


As I have two sets of questions to answer this post will be twice as long, but at least they are questions on a topic of which I know much... me! And so, without further ado, the questions from Lana:

1. What product can you not live without?
My LancĂ´me mascara.

2. What colour are you nails right now?
Pink and turquoise.

3. Do you prefer straight or curly hair?
Generally straight because that's all that I can do with a pair of tongs. I've never really got the hang of how to curl my hair nicely.

4. Which is your favourite designer and why?
Now this is tricky for me because I'm not too hot designers. However I'm pretty sure I like what I've seen of the Victoria Beckham label and Dior. Anything sophisticated, timeless and lady-like gets my stamp of approval.

5. What is your favourite song at the moment?
I Heard Your Voice In A Dream from the TV show SMASH sung by Jeremy Jordan.

6. Do you prefer heels or flats?
Flats, purely for comfort and that I tend to tower over people in heels. I wish I had the confidence to wear them more.

7. If you could only shop at one drugstore beauty brand, which would it be?
L'Oreal.

8. What is your worst beauty habit?
I never wash my face. Sounds unhygienic but I have good skin... yay!

9. What are your favourite TV shows?
How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Revenge, Girls, Smash, Game of Thrones... well, you asked!

10. Which celebrity do you think has the best fashion sense?
Jennifer Lawrence.

And the questions from Hannah:

1. If you were stranded on an island alone, what would be the one thing you would want the most?
Food, san tan lotion and Rodrigo Santoro.

2. What do you hate most about the world?
People.

3. What do you love most about the world?
People.

4. What make-up product could you not live without?
My L'Oreal Super Liner eyeliner pen.

5. What would your dream wedding be like, simple or extravagant? 
Simple.

6. What is your most favourite thing to do in life?
Being spontaneous and having fun with my friends!

7. What is your favourite film, album and TV programme?
Django Unchained, Momentum by Jamie Cullum, (for TV programmes see above).

8. Would you rather be rich with only one friend of your choice, or poor with all your friends with you?
I'd rather be poor I suppose. I need company. If I'm left alone for too long things can get a little crazzzyyyyyyyyyy.

9. If you had one wish, what would you wish for (not more wishes!)
In 5 years to be a successful actress/writer, walking down the red carpet as an Oscar nominee... and I WIN!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!

10. What super power would you most like to have?
Invisibility. Or reading peoples minds.

11. What movie/book series do you wish was real life?
I just wish my life was a musical.

Now, the people I nominate for this award are:


Finally, my questions for the nominees are:

1. What's your favourite high street brand?
2. How would you describe your style?
3. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
4. What has been your most awkward moment?
5. What's your favourite book?
6. Which singer/musician is totally underrated?
7. Which country would you most like to visit?
8. Who's your biggest celebrity crush?
9. Do you have a wardrobe or a floordrobe?
10. Out of Justin Bieber, Zac Efron and Johnny Depp, who would you snog/marry/avoid?


Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love reading these posts :)
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering the questions. It was great fun to read :)
    Congrats to the new nominees!

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers to my questions, they were great! xx

    ReplyDelete